Dear Members of the NJCU Community,
The National Weather Service is forecasting our first winter weather event of the season, beginning tonight and lasting throughout the morning hours on Tuesday, which will include a mix of sleet, rain, and occasional snow. As a result, dangerous, icy road conditions are expected.
Due to the impending storm and out of an abundance of caution for those in our campus community who must travel to and from campus, please note the status of academic and business operations planned for the evening of Monday, February 27 and all day on Tuesday, February 28, 2023:
- The University will close at 7 p.m. tonight — Monday, February 27. All evening classes will move to remote instruction. All events on campus tonight will also shift to a remote format or be canceled.
- On Tuesday, February 28, the University will be open, but switching to fully remote learning and work for its main campus, School of Business, and Fort Monmouth locations. This includes all scheduled classes and programs. Nonessential personnel should not report to campus.
- This announcement does not apply to weather-essential personnel, who should report as usual.
- Shuttle Services: The shuttle will continue operating for residential students. Dining services will continue for residential students, and the GSUB cafeteria will be open from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- The NJCU Department of Facilities and Construction Management (FCM) would like to remind all faculty to close the windows in your classrooms and offices prior to leaving campus today. Please also be cognizant of this reminder prior to any future storms or periods of cold weather. Thank you for your cooperation.
For more information, please sign up for the NJCU Alert Us system.
Please remain aware of your environment and take all necessary precautions to remain safe during the storm.